I'm a YNAB power user, and I'd like to create an app that will send me a message when I've exceeded spending in certain categories. I have a set "fun money" I allocate for myself and I want to make sure I'm enjoying every single dollar available.
Here's my plan:
- Read through the YNAB documentation
- Write out some specs for what my app will do
- Write the "get info from YNAB" part of the code
- Write the "send text message" part of the code
- Test the thing out!
Let's see how it goes!
Ideas for how I can iterate on this basic app idea:
- Get a Raspberry Pi with a screen that shows an updated amount left in categories of interest.
- Send me a monthly e-mail with a summary of what my "fun money" allowance is. (It fluctuates monthly)